- 2.5 cups hot cooked pasta, such as elbow macaroni, penne, or rigatoni
- 0.5 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2.0 tablespoons butter
- 1.25 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1.0 pound lean ground beef
- 1.25 cups spaghetti sauce
- 0.5 teaspoon oregano
- 1.0 small green pepper, thinly sliced into rings
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine pasta, 1/4 cup of the Parmesan cheese and butter; toss. Press into buttered 9-inch pie plate or 9-inch baking dish. Top with 3/4 cup of the mozzarella cheese.
In medium skillet over medium heat, brown ground beef; drain. Add spaghetti sauce and oregano; mix well. Spoon meat mixture over pasta. Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese.
Bake in a 350-degree oven for 20 to 30 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese. Return to oven just to melt cheese. Garnish with green pepper.