Antipasto Pasta Salad
Recipe courtesy of National Pasta Association Test Kitchen
Note: Substitude rotini or any other medium pasta shape for penne
- 1.0 pound penne pasta, uncooked
- 1.0 12-ounce jar roasted red bell peppers, rinsed, drained and cut into thin strips
- 1.0 12-ounce jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained, coarsly chopped
- 1.0 cup muenster cheese, diced
- 1.0 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 0.5 cup red onion, chopped
- 0.333 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 0.666 cup Italian dressing
- black pepper, freshly ground, to taste
- peperoncini peppers, sliced (optional)
Prepare pasta according to package directions. While pasta is cooking, combine pepper strips, artichoke hearts, cheese, mushrooms, onion and basel in a large bowl.
When pasta is done, drain and rinse with cold water. Drain well and add pasta and dressing to bowl; toss well. Cover; refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving. Serves 8.