- 4.0 chicken breast halves, skinned
- 4.0 cups water
- 0.5 teaspoon salt
- 1.0 medium onion, chopped
- 2.0 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2.0 medium carrots, coarsley chopped
- 1.0 16-ounce can whole tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1.0 16-ounce can cream-style corn
- 0.25 teaspoon black pepper, coarsly ground
- 0.25 teaspoon ground thyme
Combine chicken, water and salt in a Dutch oven (or 4-quart pot); bring to a boil. Cover and reduce heat and simmer for 45 minutes. Remove chicken from broth, reserving 3 cups of broth in pot.
Let chicken cool, remove meat from bones and cut into bite-size pieces; set aside.
Add onion, potatoes and carrots to broth; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes. Add chicken, tomatoes, corn, pepper and thyme.
Cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally. Makes 2 quarts.