- 2.0 13 3/4-ounce cans chicken broth, ready-to-serve
- 1.0 15-ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 11.0 1/2-ounce jar salsa, thick and chunky medium-hot
- 1.0 11-ounce can corn, Mexican-Style, drained
- 8.0 ounces cheddar cheese, sharp, cut in 1/2-inch cubes
- 1.0 cup tortilla chips, broken into bite-size pieces
In a large saucepan, combine chicken broth, black beans, salsa and corn. Simmer, uncovered, to blend flavors, about 5 minutes.
Divide cheese and tortilla chips among four serving bowls; ladle hot soup into bowls. Serve with additional tortilla chips and cheese cubes, if desired. Serves 4.
Nutrition facts per serving (without additional chips and cheese): 451 calories, 21 grams protein, 24 grams fat, 38 grams carbohydrates, 451 milligrams calcium.